And The 2015 Clean Energy Future Award Goes To…
“Today we honor innovative Rhode Island businesses and individuals who have helped us take important strides in the march towards a clean energy future,” said U.S. Senator Jack Reed. “As we continue to address pressing issues like climate change and high energy costs, we are reminded that some of the greatest ideas to advance energy conservation and sustainability are being developed right here at home. I salute this year’s honorees for their contributions and commitment to finding smarter energy solutions.”
Our own Peter Arpin, partner of Arpin Group, was present to receive the award on behalf of the company. He has been the guiding force in Arpin Group’s commitment to sustainability. Peter is also host of the leading business sustainability network ReNewable Now, which covers “the business side of green” and broadcasts across many mediums.
For nearly a decade, we have been taking proactive steps to adopt environmentally friendly technology and develop programs to reduce our company’s carbon footprint. Some of our accomplishments over the years include:
- A series of “green” renovations to our West Warwick, R.I., headquarters.
- Investment in the research and development of solar panels for moving trucks to reduce engine runtime and fuel consumption.
- Partnership in the launch of the first electric car charging station in Rhode Island.
- Hosting several e-waste recycling collections, preventing over 92,000 lbs. of electronics from entering state landfills.
- Implementation of a low-interest “green loan” program for our employees to be used for energy-saving home improvements and hybrid vehicle purchases.
- Awards for our leadership in conservation including the John H. Chafee Conservation Leadership Award and the Audubon Society 2014 “RI Business of the Year” Award.
The 2015 Clean Energy Future Awards recognize clean energy leaders that show exemplary achievement and leadership in promoting energy efficiency, renewable energy or alternative clean transportation in the Rhode Island. For more information about the Energy Expo, please visit www.energy.ri.gov/Expo/.
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.